Friday, August 13, 2004

Dinner Tonight

These are Alice’s Black Bean and Corn Patties. I made them for dinner tonight and they couldn’t have been easier. In fact the hardest thing about making them is lugging out the food processor. I was a little worried that they would be hard to handle, but the patties held together very well.

I followed Alice’s recipe without any modifications, but as she suggests you could do all sorts of variations on this theme by changing the beans and/or vegetables, not to mention the herbs! I’ve tried those frozen Boca Burgers before and just couldn’t get excited about them. Not so with these, they are delicious! They are just a little crisp on the outside, moist on the inside with a little crunch from the corn and onion, and ever so slightly sweet from the corn and cornmeal. Thank you Alice!


Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad you tried them and liked them! The picture looks great. I totally know what you mean about worrying about them holding together, it doesn't seem like they will at first.


Cathy said...

Hi Alice - I reheated some for lunch today and they were still wonderful. I really, really like these! I think they would be good on a bun with lettuce and tomato, but they're pretty great just as they are. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

They really look and sound good! I think I will try making them. By the way, I am new to your blog -- I found a link while I was reading about the upcoming Is my Blog Burning somewhere -- and I am really enjoying it!


Cathy said...

Patty - welcome! I'm glad you found your way here! If you haven't already, you should visit Alice's blog, My Adventures in the Breadbox, where you'll find the recipe for these and more.