Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Meet me in St. Louis



When Nupur invited me to come visit her in St. Louis, she didn't have to twist my arm. We had gotten together a couple of times while she was in New York, and each time I truly enjoyed our time together, but it was cut short because one or the other of us had to hurry off somewhere else. Needless to say, the idea of a whole weekend to visit with Nupur and V. (and let's not forget Dale) sounded perfect to me!

There was much to enjoy - lots of fabulous food, the St. Louis Gateway Arch, Soulard Market, Ted Drewes Frozen Custard, mini donuts (see below), Global Foods, Gus' Pretzels, Forest Park, and the gorgeous mosaics in the nearby Cathedral Basilica - but more than anything else, I enjoyed the company of Nupur and V. I had lots of time to talk with Nupur during the weekend and I was truly impressed by her passion for living life responsibly and well, be it by eating healthfully, or by reusing and recycling, or by living an uncluttered life. I came away from the weekend energized and inspired.

It should come as no surprise that Nupur is amazing in the kitchen. I was fortunate enough not only to partake of the meals she prepared, but to look over her shoulder as she prepared them. I will be revisiting the archives of One Hot Stove with even greater enthusiasm (and Nupur, don't be surprised if you get an email or two begging for recipes I can't find on your blog!)

Nupur and V. - thank you so very much for welcoming me so warmly into your home!



That fine Soulard Market delicacy... mini donuts!

6 comments:

Nupur said...

Thank you so much for visiting, Cathy! We can't wait to have you visit again...there are so many places we could not get to, so there is plenty for another weekend or two :)
LOVE that video of the mini doughnuts...very professionally taken, I must say! I need to get one of those machines :)

Cathy said...

Hi Nupur - Thank you for inviting me!! I had such a great time and really am looking forward to a visit from you and V. sometime soon!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like such a wonderful visit! But Cathy, now I'll be looking forward to some posts on what you ate at Nupur's home!

Cathy said...

Hi Rowena! I'm afraid I was a very bad food blogger... I failed to take a picture of a single thing Nupur made. Fortunately, some things Nupur had already written posts on and some she's written since (I included links to three dishes in my post). It was all just delicious though!

Leigh said...

Wow! A doughnut flipper! Sure beats my method. Glad to hear you had such a great time.

Cathy said...

Hi Leigh! I was just mesmerized by that thing and the donuts were delicious - especially the warms ones with cinnamon and sugar!