Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Blogging by Mail - Surprise from Nic!



I happened to be home today when the postman knocked on the door. Since I've been doing some Christmas shopping on-line, I assumed I would find one of my purchases on the front step. But when I opened the door and saw the package, I realized this had not come from any mail-order outfit. I picked it up and glanced at the return address and then I knew I was in for a real treat - a package from Nic!

Now, I did the matching for BBM3, so I know that Nic is not my swap partner this time around. This was, I suppose, a hostess gift of sorts. But mostly, it was Nic being sweet and generous. She sent not just one, but two home-baked treats - a beautiful loaf of pumpkin gingerbread, and some gigantic salty oat cookies. Despite the fact that these goodies arrived on my step just hours ago, I have already sampled both of them. I love oatmeal cookies, but adore salty oat cookies. There is a place not too far from where I work that makes them, but unfortunately I haven't been able to get over there in quite some time. Those salty oat cookies taste great, but don't have the chewy center I love. Nic's cookies have it all - they are crunchy, chewy, buttery and salty - just wonderful! I also tried some of the pumpkin gingerbread which was delicious - it is spicy and studded with golden raisins. Nic hinted that she would be posting the recipe for the salty oat cookies soon... maybe the pumpkin gingerbread too?

As if the cookies and gingerbread weren't enough, Nic also enclosed a beautiful little cookbook with brunch recipes, some ginger chips (little bits of crystalized Australian ginger - yum!), and a Green & Black's almond and milk chocolate bar. All things that I know I'm going to really enjoy. Thank you Nic so very much!!

4 comments:

Nic said...

You're welcome, Cathy! You more than deserve it for hosting BBM, this round. I'm so glad that you liked everything. And I'm sure that the gingerbread will make an appearance soon - I'm practically addicted.

Nupur said...

How very thoughtful of Nic, the package is wonderful! And Cathy, it could not been more well-deserved :)

Cathy said...

Hi Nic - I'm enjoying hosting BBM - getting email from around the world is always fun! I'll look forward to the gingerbread recipe - thanks again Nic!

Hi Nupur - it really was, and such an unexpected treat for me! Thanks Nupur, you're so sweet to say that, but I don't feel that I've done that much - this has been far easier than hosting IMBB!

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin gingerbread with golden raisins?!? No fair, no fair...