Thursday, April 06, 2006

Crafts & Stuff: Sock Monkey for Cassidy



This little miss monkey is for my little miss Cassidy (my not quite two year old neice). Her mom and dad gave me two pairs of those socks with red heels and white cuffs that are traditionally used for sock monkeys. The deal was: one pair for me and the other for a sock monkey for Cassidy. Well, I found myself home from work early yesterday (a 4:00 appointment at my house lasted all of 10 minutes). It was one of those beautiful sunny days that lifts the spirits and it put me in the mood to make something. I had originally planned to weave (I'm on towel #2 now) but when I saw the socks laying there I started cutting and before I knew it I had myself a monkey.

Now I just have to figure out what she's going to wear...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...cute monkey! Love the red lips! :) You just may want to turn your pair of socks into another monkey for yourself, huh? ;)

Cathy said...

Thanks Alice! I'm torn between wanting to wear the socks and making another monkey. So I'll do neither for now - I'm so indecisive!

Tamara said...

Wonderful Sock Monkey! I have a real thing for sock monkeys. Just a warning, making sock monkeys can become addictive. :)

To see what I mean check out my gallery if you like. :)
http://sockmonkeyfun.com/Gallery_Sock_Monkey.html

Cathy said...

Thanks Tamara - you've got some wonderful ones!