Friday, July 23, 2004

Anticipation



Guess where I’m going next April?  Actually, our dates aren’t firmed up yet, but the plan is that Bob, Chuck and I will be going to Sicily next spring.  Bob and Chuck, knowing that I love the anticipation of a trip almost as much as the trip itself, gave me this assortment of travel guides for my birthday.

I haven’t really begun to digest the books in a systematic way yet, but I have been flipping through them reading here and there.  Of course, one of the topics I’m on the lookout for is food!  I want to know which specialties I should be sure to try while I’m in Sicily and what food products I should try to bring home.

I will once again make a feeble attempt to learn Italian, and will seek out Sicilian recipes to try.  What fun lies ahead – let the anticipation begin!




No comments: